DOUGLAS K. BEREUTER PROGRAM FOR JUNIOR ASSOCIATES IN ASIAN AFFAIRS
The Asia Foundation invites recent post-graduate degree holders to apply for an opportunity as a Junior Associate in Asian Affairs in the Foundation's offices in San Francisco, San Leandro, or Washington, D.C. This short-term affiliation is to further the professional development of an individual specifically interested in Asia. The successful applicant will gain further knowledge of the region and an understanding of the Foundation's work through specific assignments such as the following: conducting research; contributing to proposal development; assisting with the design and implementation of programs; preparing reports on Foundation projects; and other tasks as needed.
The full-time Junior Associate position is available during the summer. The Junior Associate will receive a transportation allowance and a bi-weekly salary during the three month program. For a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
The Junior Associate position is offered in the summer (June – September). The application period is about two months prior to the beginning of the program period.
THE ASIA FOUNDATION
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia's continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world.
Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, DC. Working with public and private partners, the Foundation receives funding from a diverse group of bilateral and multilateral development agencies, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
The position for the Douglas K. Bereuter Program for Junior Associates in Asian Affairs is expected to be very competitive. We are seeking talented, high-energy individuals who will benefit from their affiliation with the Foundation and contribute to the organization as well.
Candidates must have the following:
- Received a post-graduate degree within the past two years. In addition, to be considered a candidate must have completed and obtained this degree prior to the beginning of the program period
- Completed graduate studies in Asia-related areas: international relations, international development, public administration, public policy, law, political science, economics, or sociology with work experience in Asia
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States (sponsorship will not be provided)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Great computer skills
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in applying for this opportunity and what particular knowledge and skills you would bring to the Foundation. Please be aware that your cover letter will also be used to assess your writing capabilities
- Official Transcript confirming the completion of your post-graduate degree OR an official letter from your school confirming that your degree is currently in process and that you are on track to graduate before the start of the program. This letter must include your course completion date.. Either the official transcript or the confirmation letter should be attached to your online application within our system.
- Two academic letters of recommendation should be attached to your online application within our system.
FOR A LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE ONLY IF WE RECEIVE THE APPLICATION ONLINE AND ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ARE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE.
APPLICANT SYSTEM INSTRUCTIONS:
Applicants, please note that you do not have the capability to delete documents that you uploaded to your record. Because of this, when uploading a document(s) please be sure to name each one with the job title and date applied.
After uploading a new document, you will have to log back into your record to upload an additional one OR to confirm it was completed.
All applicants are asked to complete assessment questions that are tied to the position. If you for some reason do not see the questions, please try logging into the system again.
If you have any issues with the applicant tracking system, please email email@example.com
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE