Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Apply
Applications for the 2016 fellowship year are now closed as of December 1, 2015. Please check back later for updates on our next program.
STEP 1) CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation's fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1 of the Fellowship year (year following application deadline);
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam.
For further information on eligibility, be sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions. You may also direct your inquiries to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2) PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Review and follow the Application Guidelines and Instructions containing detailed information on how to complete each component of the application.
Online Application form
- Personal information
- Written submission
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript
- Short video submission
- Letters of recommendation (handled online)
STEP 3) START YOUR APPLICATION
Applications for the 2016 fellowship year are now closed as of December 1, 2015. Please check back for updates on our next program.