Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Apply
Application for the 2015 fellowship year are closed. Please check back later for further updates.
STEP 1) CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation's fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by the time of selection: January 1, 2015;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan, Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and Vietnam.
For further information on eligibility, be sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions. You may also direct your inquiries to the Asia Foundation Development Fellows staff at email@example.com.
STEP 2) PREPARE FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Review and follow the Application Guidelines and Instructions containing detailed information on how to complete each component of the application.
Online Application form
- Personal information
- Written submission
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript
- Short video submission
- Letters of recommendation (handled online)